Monday, September 8, 2008

Train from Coffs Harbour to Brisbane

So I had to get the train from Coffs Harbour, with my intended destination of Brisbane. Unfortunately, there was some sort of rail works so the train only brought me some of the way. I had to transfer and get a bus the rest of the way.

The train took about 5 or 6 hours, and then the bus a further 5 hours. I bought about 12 bottles of Carlton cold to do me the journey (what I thought was a 10 hour train journey) but unfortunately some old granny sat beside me and there was a family across from me, so I didn't feel like getting sh*t faced drunk! Hopefully they'd get off soon so I could start drinkin and pass some of the time!!!

Unfortunately for me, they stayed all the way. Even more unfortunate was that, even though the bus only had a few people on it, there is a no drinking policy on all Australian buses, punishable by a 3000 dollar fine. Ah well, I'll jsut have to carry them with me until Brisbane. Its not as if 12 bottles are heavy...

Eventually, I arrived in Brisbane. My brother met me off the bus with his friend and off we went to the nearest bar! Some things never change! :D

No comments: