Monday, September 8, 2008

Brisbane - The Return

After returning to Brisbane, I was staying in my brothers apartment beside The Ekka. I had my own room, with an inflatable bed to sleep on. Slight improvement on the camper van, I must admit.

The reason I was back in Brisbane was because Anne-Marie was finally arriving in Australia. She was travelling direct from Dublin to Brisbane. Well, not direct, there was a few stopovers. She was flying from Dublin to London, London to Singapore, and then Singapore to Brisbane. She was sick with a cold so it was gonna be a long flight for her. The worst part probably being stuck beside Ronan Keating and his missus on the plane to London while her face was all puffy and with a runny nose. Bad for most people, but worse when you're sick!! :D

So over she came, nearly a full whole days travelling. It was early Wednesday moning Brisbane time when she landed, and I was waiting there at the arrivals hall. I had been excited about her coming over. I had not seen here since June 25th, when I left Ireland. 3 months is a long time in this situation! So when she didn't show after nearly an hour, I began to worry! The last contact I had with her was in Singapore....when she got mysteriously cut off. I hoped it was her credit, but when she didn't show, my mind began to wonder if something else had happened. After another few minutes, she finally popped her head out into arrivals. Apparently she was looking for her bag, and the guy sitting beside her on the plane had unknowingly left his bag in Singapore! Bad luck, but he got it eventually.

So out she came, with about 400 bags in tow :p. 3 months of talking on the phone, and online about how we can't wait to each other, and here we are. I gave her a great big hug and kiss and I took he bags and brought her to the taxi, and back to my brothers. We had booked a hotel for the few days we would be here, instead of sleeping on my brothers inflatable single bed. The hotel was right in the city. We went exploring around the valley, the mall, and the city for a few days. She seemed to like it, but after 4 days, we had to get our flight to Sydney to join back up with the rest of them, who had gone ahead and secured accomodation for us.

No comments: