Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Onwards to Krabi

Today we got the boat to Krabi. It took, I think, around 90 minutes. I slept for most of it.

We arrived in Krabi and it seemed a nice quaint little island. We got picked up, as usual, by a taxi man at the port. He drove us to our next temporary home, a place called Tip Anda. On first glance, it seemed OK, but after staying there, the name TIP Anda seems eerily suitable for the place!!

The rooms were practically outdoor! They were little wooden shacks with no air-conditioning, no TV, no fridge, and no separate beds!!! With me and Christy sharing a room, that kinda becomes a problem!! We had to ask for a separate bed for the room, which they thankfully supplied. It wasn't comfortable, it was full of cockroaches, but the weather and the view were really nice. Sitting out on the porch was really nice. I did some of my blog just sitting out, typing away in the sun. It was nice...if a bit too quiet.

Thats the thing about Krabi. Its nice....but it has no nightlife or cinemas or anywhere for a group of twentysomethings to entertain themselves! We only plan on staying here another day anyway, then its onwards to Koh Pha-Ngan, where we will have the full moon party and all sorts of shenanigans to busy ourselves with!

Oh, and I went to the doctor today. He said nothing was broken in my toe or foot, and that I had just sprained my toe, foot and calf. Thats a relief!!

Photos from Krabi

No comments: