Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nearly time

So, I have had my going away parties. I have said goodbye to as many people as possible. I have sorted my visa, flights, spending money, passport, and basically done everything....except pack!

Ahhh, I hate packing!!

Luckily, this is where the lovely Anne-Marie comes in! They say that behind every great man, there's a great woman (so if she's a great woman, does that make me a great man?)! Over the last few days, she has literally dragged me shopping to buy bum bags, plug adaptors, sunscreen, electric shavers, etc etc...basically everything I could need! She has also packed all my clothes for me! Legend!!

So, as it stands now, on the eve of my "Trip of Destiny", thanks to Anne-Marie, I am ready! I'm not 100% happy I have to leave, but this trip is something I have to do! I kow I'll regret it later in life, when I'm tied down to a mortgage, with a few sprogs running around so this has to be done! I have been saying for years I want to do this, and I am now leass than 24 hours away from doing it......and yet, still no butteflies! :(

No comments: