Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2 weeks to go

2 weeks to go.....
I don't think it has kicked in yet. I am going on an around the world trip in 2 weeks.....and I am feeling very very.......meh!

Is there something wrong with me? Surely most people would be barely able to contain their excitement at going on a trip of a lifetime around the world for a year! Not me! I suspect it's because I've known I'm going on this trip since maybe 9 months ago, so the novelty has kind of worn off. Maybe.

Maybe it is because I am enjoying life at the moment. Free and easy, no commitments. A sexy girlfriend. A shed load of cash in the bank. Basically everything I need, which will be taken away from me in 2 weeks!

At the moment, I'm wary of Thailand. We will be goin to Bangkok, Phuket, Phi Phi, Krabe, Koh Pan-Ngan and Koh Samui, before returning to Bangkok for our flight to Oz. With the exception of Phuket, word on the street is that the hospitals are below standard. At home, I am 5 minutes from Tallaght Hospital. Over in Thailand, I will not know where anything is, should something happen.

Also, the water. You can't drink the water! I've been on holidays to, say, Gran Canaria for 2 weeks where you cannot drink the water. It was horrible trying to brush your teeth! I have a month of this ahead of me! Not to mention living out of a suitcase! Yeah, fair enough, I'm going back-packing for a year, but still, I like the comforts of civilised society!

Oh, and one more thing. We will be island hopping for most of the month. This is fine for someone who can, for example....eh, swim!! Yes, you heard it, I will be living on islands, surrounded by oceans, living in hotels with swimming pools, going on boat trips with snorkelling, and kayaking...and I can't swim! lol, what am I getting myself in for.....

No comments: