Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rabobank

So, I started my new job today. I am working for Rabobank in Daring Park Tower, beside Darling Harbour.

The job is an IT helpdesk job. This means I sit at my desk taking calls all day from people having problems with their computers. The majority of the calls come from rural areas, but we also get a lot of calls from people in the building. This can break the monotomy of sitting down all day as you can walk down and fix the problem in person. I've done helpdesk jobs before and the main thing I hated about it was tht you sat down all day on your ass. At least this job I can walk around a bit.

The building is nice. It's part of Darling Park Tower, with Price Waterhouse Cooper, and IBM. I think Google has an office in there somewhere too. I'm on the 17th floor so I can see everywhere in the city. I'm also overlooking the Maritime museum in Cockle Bay Wharf, so I can see a warship and a submarine semi-submerged in the bay from out my window. The kitchen also has a big plasma telly with all the Foxtel channels, which is nice for watching premiership highlights. I've still yet to see a full 90 minutes of soccer since I left Ireland! I doubt I'll get to see any in work, but at least I might get to see more highlights.

The people are nice too. My boss is Irish, from Kilkenny and there's a few other Irish people floating around the office. Should be good for the free office beers after work every Friday! :D

No comments: