Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween in Sydney

Our first Halloween in Sydney. I say "first", coz I'm starting to entertain the possibility of staying longer than the initial 1 year visa. This will involve 3 months working in the outback pickign fruit or working on a farm, so its not nice work, but its compulsory so....

Anyway, it was halloween last night. Australians love dressing up so everyone around town was up for it and dressed up in all sorts of cool and funky costumes. AnneMarie was dressed up as a bumble bee, and I was dressed up as a musketeer. AnneMarie bought her costume in a costume shop in Newtown, but I just got random bits around Woolworths and K-Mart and when I put them together, I closely resembled a musketerr, so I figured "Hey, I may as well go with it!".

Everyone in the terraces was dressed up. We started off at a house party in one of the houses and went out into Sydney City afterwards. I met up with an old friend of mine from school and his little brother. It was good fun. The rest of the Terraces ended up in there too so there was a lot of us there.

Ater,we went home and had a few beers in the house. Waing up this morning was a killer. I dunno what it is about Austalia, but the hangovers are a LOT worse than Ireland!!! :D

No comments: