Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to Cairns - The Asylum

After we had travelled the north, around Port Douglas and its surrounding areas, we headed back down south, to our ultimate destination of Sydney.

We got back to Cairns again after a few hours driving and set about getting somewhere to stay for the night. We found a place around the corner from our first hostel called The Asylum. We realised how aptly named it was after a few minutes talking to the staff. The place was run quite well, but the staff were obviously all crazy!! Haha, they were really nice and are obviously well up for a good time but the only way to describe them is CRAZY!! They obviously enjoy their job and have a good time. Another thing about the people over herein Oz, they're really nice and friendly, and eveyone seems genuinely happy. I'm impressed!

The reason we had come back to stay in Cairns, was my brother. He left Ireland last February, and was going to be in Cairns that day, so we came back so I could meet up with him, and my parents. We had a look around that day, went for a bit of shopping, had a pint of two, then said our goodbyes in the shopping centre, and set off once again on our trip.

My parents were in Oz for a month in total, so I would see my parents and brother again in Brisbane....

No comments: